Designs, models, or implements corporate data warehousing activities. Programs and configures warehouses of database information and provides support to warehouse users.
This career is part of the Information Technology cluster Network Systems pathway.
A person in this career:
- Develops data warehouse process models, including sourcing, loading, transformation, and extraction.
- Verifies the structure, accuracy, or quality of warehouse data.
- Maps data between source systems, data warehouses, and data marts.
- Develops and implements data extraction procedures from other systems, such as administration, billing, or claims.
- Designs and implements warehouse database structures.
- Develops or maintains standards, such as organization, structure, or nomenclature, for the design of data warehouse elements, such as data architectures, models, tools, and databases.
- Provides or coordinates troubleshooting support for data warehouses.
- Writes new programs or modifies existing programs to meet customer requirements, using current programming languages and technologies.
- Designs, implements, or operates comprehensive data warehouse systems to balance optimization of data access with batch loading and resource utilization factors, according to customer requirements.
- Performs system analysis, data analysis or programming, using a variety of computer languages and procedures.