Receives orders, generally in person, for repairs, rentals, and services. May describe available options, compute costs, and accept payment.
This career is part of the Marketing cluster Merchandising pathway.
A person in this career:
- Greets customers and discusses the type, quality, and quantity of merchandise sought for rental.
- Computes charges for merchandise or services and receives payments.
- Answers telephones to provide information and receive orders.
- Provides information about rental items, such as availability, operation, or description.
- Rents items, arranges for provision of services to customers, and accepts returns.
- Inspects and adjusts rental items to meet needs of customer.
- Explains rental fees, policies, and procedures.
- Prepares rental forms, obtaining customer signature and other information, such as required licenses.
- Keeps records of transactions and of the number of customers entering an establishment.
- Reserves items for requested times and keeps records of items rented.