Assists patrons at entertainment events by performing duties, such as collecting admission tickets and passes from patrons, assisting in finding seats, searching for lost articles, and locating such facilities as rest rooms and telephones.
This career is part of the Arts, Audio-Video Technology and Communications cluster Performing Arts pathway.
A person in this career:
- Greets patrons attending entertainment events.
- Sells or collects admission tickets, passes, or facility memberships from patrons at entertainment events.
- Cleans facilities.
- Settles seating disputes or helps solve other customer concerns.
- Examines tickets or passes to verify authenticity, using criteria such as color or date issued.
- Provides assistance with patrons' special needs, such as helping those with wheelchairs.
- Guides patrons to exits or provides other instructions or assistance in case of emergency.
- Refuses admittance to undesirable persons or persons without tickets or passes.
- Assists patrons by giving directions to points in or outside of the facility or providing information about local attractions.
- Assists patrons in finding seats, lighting the way with flashlights, if necessary.