Plans and directs policies, procedures, or systems to prevent the loss of assets. Determines risk exposure or potential liability, and develops risk control measures.
This career is part of the Business Management and Administration cluster Management pathway.
A person in this career:
- Administers systems and programs to reduce loss, maintain inventory control, or increase safety.
- Identifies potential for loss and develops strategies to eliminate it.
- Performs or directs inventory investigations in response to shrink results outside of acceptable ranges.
- Coordinates or conducts internal investigations of problems such as employee theft and violations of corporate loss prevention policies.
- Investigates or interviews individuals suspected of shoplifting or internal theft.
- Trains loss prevention staff, retail managers, or store employees on loss control and prevention measures.
- Supervises surveillance, detection, or criminal processing related to theft and criminal cases.
- Monitors compliance to operational, safety, or inventory control procedures, including physical security standards.
- Hires or supervises loss-prevention staff.
- Visits stores to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.