Obtains information from insured or designated persons for purpose of settling claim with insurance carrier.
This career is part of the Business, Management and Administration cluster Business Finance and Accounting pathway.
A person in this career:
- Enters claims information into database systems.
- Prepares insurance claim forms or related documents and reviews them for completeness.
- Calculates amount of claim.
- Posts or attaches information to claim file.
- Transmits claims for payment or further investigation.
- Contacts insured or other involved persons to obtain missing information.
- Reviews insurance policy to determine coverage.
- Organizes or works with detailed office or warehouse records, using computers to enter, access, search or retrieve data.
- Provides customer service, such as limited instructions on proceeding with claims or referrals to auto repair facilities or local contractors.
- Pays small claims.