Provides high-level administrative support by conducting research, preparing statistical reports, handling information requests, and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, and scheduling meetings. May also train and supervise lower-level clerical staff.
This career is part of the Business, Management and Administration cluster Administrative Support pathway.
A person in this career:
- Prepares invoices, reports, memos, letters, financial statements, and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software.
- Answers phone calls and directs calls to appropriate parties or take messages.
- Conducts research, compiles data, and prepares papers for consideration and presentation by executives, committees, and boards of directors.
- Attends meetings to record minutes.
- Greets visitors and determines whether they should be given access to specific individuals.
- Reads and analyzes incoming memos, submissions, and reports to determine their significance and plans their distribution.
- Performs general office duties, such as ordering supplies, maintaining records management database systems, and performing basic bookkeeping work.
- Files and retrieves corporate documents, records, and reports.
- Makes travel arrangements for executives.
- Opens, sorts, and distributes incoming correspondence, including faxes and email.
Dig into the details and check
out what people in this job
have to say about their work.