Rents, buys, or sells property for clients. Performs duties, such as study property listings, interview prospective clients, accompany clients to property site, discuss conditions of sale, and draw up real estate contracts. Includes agents who represent buyer.
This career is part of the Marketing cluster Professional Sales pathway.
A person in this career:
- Presents purchase offers to sellers for consideration.
- Acts as an intermediary in negotiations between buyers and sellers, generally representing one or the other.
- Compares a property with similar properties that have recently sold to determine its competitive market price.
- Advises clients on market conditions, prices, mortgages, legal requirements and related matters.
- Promotes sales of properties through advertisements, open houses, and participation in multiple listing services.
- Accompanies buyers during visits to and inspections of property, advising them on the suitability and value of the homes they are visiting.
- Prepares documents such as representation contracts, purchase agreements, closing statements, deeds, and leases.
- Confers with escrow companies, lenders, home inspectors, and pest control operators to ensure that terms and conditions of purchase agreements are met before closing dates.
- Interviews clients to determine what kinds of properties they are seeking.
- Coordinates property closings, overseeing signing of documents and disbursement of funds.