Operates data entry device, such as keyboard or photo composing perforator. Duties may include verifying data and preparing materials for printing.
This career is part of the Business Management and Administration cluster Administrative Support pathway.
A person in this career:
- Reads source documents such as canceled checks, sales reports, or bills, and enters data in specific data fields or onto tapes or disks for subsequent entry, using keyboards or scanners.
- Compiles, sorts and verifies the accuracy of data before it is entered.
- Compares data with source documents, or re-enters data in verification format to detect errors.
- Stores completed documents in appropriate locations.
- Locates and corrects data entry errors, or reports them to supervisors.
- Maintains logs of activities and completed work.
- Selects materials needed to complete work assignments.
- Loads machines with required input or output media such as paper, cards, disks, tape or Braille media.
- Resolves garbled or indecipherable messages, using cryptographic procedures and equipment.
Dig into the details and check
out what people in this job
have to say about their work.