Communicates and coordinates with management, shareholders, customers, and employees to address sustainability issues. Enacts or oversees a corporate sustainability strategy.
This career is part of the Business, Management and Administration cluster Management pathway.
A person in this career:
- Develops or executes strategies to address issues such as energy use, resource conservation, recycling, pollution reduction, waste elimination, transportation, education, and building design.
- Supervises employees or volunteers working on sustainability projects.
- Researches environmental sustainability issues, concerns, or stakeholder interests.
- Develops methodologies to assess the viability or success of sustainability initiatives.
- Monitors and evaluates effectiveness of sustainability programs.
- Evaluates and approves proposals for sustainability projects, considering factors such as cost effectiveness, technical feasibility, and integration with other initiatives.
- Develops, or oversees the development of, marketing or outreach media for sustainability projects or events.
- Develops, or oversees the development of, sustainability evaluation or monitoring systems.
- Creates and maintains sustainability program documents, such as schedules and budgets.
- Directs sustainability program operations to ensure compliance with environmental or governmental regulations.