Directly supervises and coordinates activities of sales workers other than retail sales workers. May perform duties such as budgeting, accounting, and personnel work, in addition to supervisory duties.
This career is part of the Marketing cluster Professional Sales pathway.
A person in this career:
- Confers with company officials to develop methods and procedures to increase sales, expand markets, and promote business.
- Listens to and resolves customer complaints regarding services, products, or personnel.
- Provides staff with assistance in performing difficult or complicated duties.
- Monitors sales staff performance to ensure that goals are met.
- Formulates pricing policies on merchandise according to profitability requirements.
- Hires, trains, and evaluates personnel.
- Analyzes details of sales territories to assess their growth potential and to set quotas.
- Attends company meetings to exchange product information and coordinate work activities with other departments.
- Prepares sales and inventory reports for management and budget departments.
- Plans and prepares work schedules, and assigns employees to specific duties.