Advises clients on financial plans using knowledge of tax and investment strategies, securities, insurance, pension plans, and real estate. Duties include assessing clients' assets, liabilities, cash flow, insurance coverage, tax status, and financial objectives.
This career is part of the Business, Management and Administration cluster Business Finance and Accounting pathway.
A person in this career:
- Interviews clients to determine their current income, expenses, insurance coverage, tax status, financial objectives, risk tolerance, or other information needed to develop a financial plan.
- Answers clients' questions about the purposes and details of financial plans and strategies.
- Recommends to clients strategies in cash management, insurance coverage, investment planning, or other areas to help them achieve their financial goals.
- Analyzes financial information obtained from clients to determine strategies for meeting clients' financial objectives.
- Implements financial planning recommendations or refers clients to someone who can assist them with plan implementation.
- Reviews clients' accounts and plans regularly to determine whether life changes, economic changes, environmental concerns, or financial performance indicate a need for plan reassessment.
- Manages client portfolios, keeping client plans up-to-date.
- Contacts clients periodically to determine any changes in their financial status.
- Prepares or interprets for clients information such as investment performance reports, financial document summaries, or income projections.
- Recruits and maintains client bases.