Interviews persons desiring to open accounts in financial institutions. Explains account services available to prospective customers and assists them in preparing applications.
This career is part of the Business Management and Administration cluster Business Finance and Accounting pathway.
A person in this career:
- Answers customers' questions, and explains available services such as deposit accounts, bonds, and securities.
- Compiles information about new accounts, enters account information into computers, and files related forms or other documents.
- Informs customers of procedures for applying for services such as ATM cards, direct deposit of checks and certificates of deposit.
- Performs teller duties as required.
- Refers customers to appropriate bank personnel in order to meet their financial needs.
- Interviews customers to get information needed to open a new account or rent a safe-deposit box.
- Collects and records fees and funds for deposit from customers and issues receipts.
- Investigates and corrects errors upon customers' request, according to customer and bank records.
- Executes wire transfers of funds.
- Performs foreign currency transactions and sells traveler's checks.