Issues licenses or permits to qualified applicants. Obtains necessary information, records data, advises applicants on requirements, collects fees, and issues licenses. May conduct oral, written, visual, or performance testing.
This career is part of the Government and Public Administration cluster Public Management and Administration pathway.
A person in this career:
- Evaluates information on applications to verify completeness and accuracy and to determine whether applicants are qualified to obtain desired licenses.
- Collects prescribed fees for licenses.
- Verifies the authenticity of documents, such as foreign identification or immigration documents.
- Questions applicants to obtain required information, such as name, address, or age, and record data on prescribed forms.
- Updates operational records or licensing information, using computer terminals.
- Answers questions or provides advice to the public regarding licensing policies, procedures, or regulations.
- Maintains records of applications made or licensing fees collected.
- Performs routine data entry or other office support activities, including creating, sorting, photocopying, distributing, or filing documents.
- Codes information on license applications for entry into computers.
- Informs customers by mail or telephone of additional steps they need to take to obtain licenses.