Designs and develops solutions to complex applications problems, system administration issues, or network concerns. Performs systems management and integration functions.
This career is part of the Information Technology cluster Information Support and Services pathway, Network Systems pathway.
A person in this career:
- Verifies stability, interoperability, portability, security, or scalability of system architecture.
- Develops system engineering, software engineering, system integration, or distributed system architectures.
- Collaborates with engineers or software developers to select appropriate design solutions or ensure the compatibility of system components.
- Identifies system data, hardware, or software components required to meet user needs.
- Communicates with staff or clients to understand specific system requirements.
- Researches, tests, or verifies proper functioning of software patches and fixes.
- Provides advice on project costs, design concepts, or design changes.
- Performs security analyses of developed or packaged software components.
- Provides technical guidance or support for the development or troubleshooting of systems.
- Documents design specifications, installation instructions, and other system-related information.