Demonstrates merchandise and answers questions for the purpose of creating public interest in buying the product. May sell demonstrated merchandise.
This career is part of the Marketing cluster Professional Sales pathway.
A person in this career:
- Provides product samples, coupons, informational brochures, or other incentives to persuade people to buy products.
- Sells products being promoted and keeps records of sales.
- Keeps areas neat while working and returns items to correct locations following demonstrations.
- Demonstrates or explains products, methods, or services to persuade customers to purchase products or use services.
- Records and reports demonstration-related information, such as the number of questions asked by the audience or the number of coupons distributed.
- Suggests specific product purchases to meet customers' needs.
- Researches or investigates products to be presented to prepare for demonstrations.
- Sets up and arranges displays or demonstration areas to attract the attention of prospective customers.
- Identifies interested and qualified customers to provide them with additional information.
- Visits trade shows, stores, community organizations, or other venues to demonstrate products or services or to answer questions from potential customers.