Composes letters or electronic correspondence in reply to requests for merchandise, damage claims, credit and other information, delinquent accounts, incorrect billings, or unsatisfactory services. Duties may include gathering data to formulate reply and preparing correspondence.
This career is part of the Business, Management and Administration cluster Administrative Support pathway.
A person in this career:
- Prepares documents and correspondence such as damage claims, credit and billing inquiries, invoices, and service complaints.
- Compiles data from records to prepare periodic reports.
- Presents clear and concise explanations of governing rules and regulations.
- Reads incoming correspondence to ascertain nature of writers' concerns and to determine disposition of correspondence.
- Types acknowledgment letters to persons sending correspondence.
- Reviews correspondence for format and typographical accuracy, assembles the information into a prescribed form with the correct number of copies, and submits it to an authorized official for signature.
- Maintains files and controls records to show correspondence activities.
- Gathers records pertinent to specific problems, reviews them for completeness and accuracy, and attaches records to correspondence as necessary.
- Completes form letters in response to requests or problems identified by correspondence.
- Routes correspondence to other departments for reply.