Examines and analyzes accounting records to determine financial status of establishment and prepares financial reports concerning operating procedures.
This career is part of the Business, Management and Administration cluster Business Finance and Accounting pathway.
A person in this career:
- Collects and analyzes data to detect deficient controls, duplicated effort, extravagance, fraud, or non-compliance with laws, regulations, and management policies.
- Prepares detailed reports on audit findings.
- Supervises auditing of establishments, and determines scope of investigation required.
- Reports to management about asset utilization and audit results, and recommends changes in operations and financial activities.
- Inspects account books and accounting systems for efficiency, effectiveness, and use of accepted accounting procedures to record transactions.
- Examines records and interviews workers to ensure recording of transactions and compliance with laws and regulations.
- Examines and evaluates financial and information systems, recommending controls to ensure system reliability and data integrity.
- Reviews data about material assets, net worth, liabilities, capital stock, surplus, income, and expenditures.
- Confers with company officials about financial and regulatory matters.
- Examines whether the organization's objectives are reflected in its management activities, and whether employees understand the objectives.
Dig into the details and check
out what people in this job
have to say about their work.