Repairs, maintains, or installs computers, word processing systems, automated teller machines, and electronic office machines, such as duplicating and fax machines.
This career is part of the Information Technology cluster Information Support and Services pathway.
A person in this career:
- Reassembles machines after making repairs or replacing parts.
- Converses with customers to determine details of equipment problems.
- Disassembles machines to examine parts, such as wires, gears, or bearings for wear or defects, using hand or power tools and measuring devices.
- Advises customers concerning equipment operation, maintenance, or programming.
- Aligns, adjusts, or calibrates equipment according to specifications.
- Repairs, adjusts, or replaces electrical or mechanical components or parts, using hand tools, power tools, or soldering or welding equipment.
- Travels to customers' stores or offices to service machines or to provide emergency repair service.
- Maintains parts inventories and orders any additional parts needed for repairs.
- Operates machines to test functioning of parts or mechanisms.
- Reinstall software programs or adjusts settings on existing software to fix machine malfunctions.