Plans, directs, or coordinates investment strategy or operations for a large pool of liquid assets supplied by institutional investors or individual investors.
This career is part of the Business Management and Administration cluster Management pathway.
A person in this career:
- Manages investment funds to maximize return on client investments.
- Selects specific investments or investment mixes for purchase by an investment fund.
- Monitors financial or operational performance of individual investments to ensure portfolios meet risk goals.
- Selects or directs the execution of trades.
- Develops or implements fund investment policies or strategies.
- Performs or evaluates research, such as detailed company or industry analyses, to inform financial forecasting, decision making, or valuation.
- Presents investment information, such as product risks, fees, or fund performance statistics.
- Develops, implements, or monitors security valuation policies.
- Meets with investors to determine investment goals or to discuss investment strategies.
- Attends investment briefings or consults financial media to stay abreast of relevant investment markets.