Investigates or inspects government property to ensure compliance with contract agreements and government regulations.
This career is part of the Government and Public Administration cluster Public Management and Administration pathway.
A person in this career:
- Prepares correspondence, reports of inspections or investigations or recommendations for action.
- Examines records, reports, or other documents to establish facts or detect discrepancies.
- Inspects government property, such as construction sites or public housing, to ensure compliance with contract specifications or legal requirements.
- Investigates alleged license or permit violations.
- Inspects manufactured or processed products to ensure compliance with contract specifications or legal requirements.
- Collects, identifies, evaluates, or preserves case evidence.
- Submits samples of products to government laboratories for testing, as required.
- Inspects government-owned equipment or materials in the possession of private contractors to ensure compliance with contracts or regulations or to prevent misuse.
- Investigates applications for special licenses or permits.
- Recommends legal or administrative action to protect government property.