Applies or releases chemical solutions or toxic gases and sets traps to kill or remove pests and vermin that infest buildings and surrounding areas.
This career is part of the Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources cluster Agribusiness Systems pathway, Environmental Service Systems pathway.
A person in this career:
- Records work activities performed.
- Inspects premises to identify infestation source and extent of damage to property, wall, or roof porosity and access to infested locations.
- Recommends treatment and prevention methods for pest problems to clients.
- Sprays or dusts chemical solutions, powders, or gases into rooms, onto clothing, furnishings, or wood, or over marshlands, ditches, or catch basins.
- Cleans work site after completion of job.
- Drives truck equipped with power spraying equipment.
- Measures area dimensions requiring treatment, calculates fumigant requirements, and estimates cost for service.
- Studies preliminary reports or diagrams of infested area and determine treatment type required to eliminate and prevent recurrence of infestation.
- Directs or assists other workers in treatment or extermination processes to eliminate or control rodents, insects, or weeds.
- Posts warning signs and locks building doors to secure area to be fumigated.
Dig into the details and check
out what people in this job
have to say about their work.