Researches market conditions in local, regional, or national areas, or gathers information to determine potential sales of a product or service, or creates a marketing campaign. May gather information on competitors, prices, sales, and methods of marketing and distribution.
This career is part of the Marketing cluster Marketing Research pathway.
A person in this career:
- Prepares reports of findings, illustrating data graphically and translating complex findings into written text.
- Collects and analyzes data on customer demographics, preferences, needs, and buying habits to identify potential markets and factors affecting product demand.
- Conducts research on consumer opinions and marketing strategies, collaborating with marketing professionals, statisticians, pollsters, and other professionals.
- Measures and assesses customer and employee satisfaction.
- Devises and evaluates methods and procedures for collecting data, such as surveys, opinion polls, or questionnaires, or arrange to obtain existing data.
- Measures the effectiveness of marketing, advertising, and communications programs and strategies.
- Seeks and provides information to help companies determine their position in the marketplace.
- Forecasts and tracks marketing and sales trends, analyzing collected data.
- Gathers data on competitors and analyzes their prices, sales, and method of marketing and distribution.
- Monitors industry statistics and follows trends in trade literature.