Reviews individual applications for insurance to evaluate degree of risk involved and determine acceptance of applications.
This career is part of the Business Management and Administration cluster Business Finance and Accounting pathway.
A person in this career:
- Decreases value of policy when risk is substandard and specifies applicable endorsements or applies rating to ensure safe profitable distribution of risks, using reference materials.
- Declines excessive risks.
- Writes to field representatives, medical personnel, and others to obtain further information, quote rates, or explain company underwriting policies.
- Reviews company records to determine amount of insurance in force on single risk or group of closely related risks.
- Examines documents to determine degree of risk from such factors as applicant financial standing and value and condition of property.
- Authorizes reinsurance of policy when risk is high.
- Evaluates possibility of losses due to catastrophe or excessive insurance.
Dig into the details and check
out what people in this job
have to say about their work.