Manages web environment design, deployment, development and maintenance activities. Performs testing and quality assurance of web sites and web applications.
This career is part of the Information Technology cluster Information Support and Services pathway, Interactive Media pathway.
A person in this career:
- Monitors systems for intrusions or denial of service attacks, and reports security breaches to appropriate personnel.
- Identifies or documents backup or recovery plans.
- Backs up or modifies applications and related data to provide for disaster recovery.
- Corrects testing-identified problems, or recommends actions for their resolution.
- Identifies, standardizes, and communicates levels of access and security.
- Determines sources of Web page or server problems, and takes action to correct such problems.
- Implements updates, upgrades, and patches in a timely manner to limit loss of service.
- Implements Web site security measures, such as firewalls or message encryption.
- Collaborates with development teams to discuss, analyze, or resolve usability issues.
- Tests issues such as system integration, performance, and system security on a regular schedule or after any major program modifications.