Sells financial services, such as loan, tax, and securities counseling to customers of financial institutions and business establishments.
This career is part of the Business Management and Administration cluster Business Finance and Accounting pathway.
A person in this career:
- Determines customers' financial services needs and prepares proposals to sell services that address these needs.
- Prepares forms or agreements to complete sales.
- Sells services or equipment, such as trusts, investments, or check processing services.
- Contacts prospective customers to present information and explain available services.
- Develops prospects from current commercial customers, referral leads, or sales or trade meetings.
- Evaluates costs and revenue of agreements to determine continued profitability.
- Reviews business trends to advise customers regarding expected fluctuations.
- Makes presentations on financial services to groups to attract new clients.