A message from the campus:Thank you for your interest in Mountwest Community & Technical College.
General Admission Policy:
Mountwest Community & Technical College is an "open door" college, admitting students regardless of academic background. Admission to Mountwest does not guarantee admission to all programs.
The following items are to be submitted by degree and certificate seeking students:
• Mountwest application form
• If requesting transfer credit from another institution, a $20.00 non-refundable transfer evaluation fee will be required before transcripts will be evaluated. Please send check or money order to Mountwest Community & Technical College Office of Admissions, One Mountwest Way, Huntington, WV 25701.* If you are not going to transfer work in, but have attended another institution, you will not be able to request transfer credits to be evaluated at a later date. Please be sure to mark transfer on your application if you are wanting to transfer credit to Mountwest.
• Early entry applicants need one recommendation letter from a counselor which needs to be submitted with an official preliminary high school transcript with a 2.0 or higher cumulative GPA
• Official high school transcript and/or GED/TASC scores sent directly from high school, Board of Education or GED/TASC state office
• Standardized placement test scores (ACT, SAT, or Compass), if available
• Official transcripts from all postsecondary educational institutions previously attended, sent directly from the Registrar’s office of the previous institution or institutions
*Fee is subject to change
Last updated: 2/9/2015 5:25AM PST