Helps installation, maintenance, and repair workers in maintenance, parts replacement, and repair of vehicles, industrial machinery, and electrical and electronic equipment. Performs duties, such as furnishing tools, materials, and supplies to other workers; cleaning work area, machines, and tools; and holding materials or tools for other workers.
This career is part of the Architecture and Construction cluster Construction pathway, Maintenance/Operations pathway.
A person in this career:
- Transfers tools, parts, equipment, and supplies to and from work stations and other areas.
- Disassembles broken or defective equipment in order to facilitate repair; reassembles equipment when repairs are complete.
- Installs or replaces machinery, equipment, and new or replacement parts and instruments, using hand tools or power tools.
- Examines and tests machinery, equipment, components, and parts for defects, and to ensure proper functioning.
- Holds or supplies tools, parts, equipment, and supplies for other workers.
- Adjusts, maintains, and repairs tools, equipment, and machines, and assists more skilled workers with similar tasks.
- Positions vehicles, machinery, equipment, physical structures, and other objects for assembly or installation, using hand tools, power tools, and moving equipment.
- Adjusts, connects, or disconnects wiring, piping, tubing, and other parts, using hand tools or power tools.
- Cleans or lubricates vehicles, machinery, equipment, instruments, tools, work areas, and other objects, using hand tools, power tools, and cleaning equipment.
- Assembles and maintains physical structures, using hand tools or power tools.