Helps carpenters by performing duties requiring less skill. Duties include using, supplying or holding materials or tools, and cleaning work area and equipment.
This career is part of the Architecture and Construction cluster Construction pathway.
A person in this career:
- Cleans work areas, machines, or equipment, to maintain a clean and safe job site.
- Fastens timbers or lumber with glue, screws, pegs, or nails and installs hardware.
- Performs tie spacing layout and measures, marks, drills or cuts.
- Selects tools, equipment, or materials from storage and transports items to work site.
- Drills holes in timbers or lumber.
- Cuts timbers, lumber, or paneling to specified dimensions.
- Positions and holds timbers, lumber, or paneling in place for fastening or cutting.
- Aligns, straightens, plumbs, or squares forms for installation.
- Holds plumb bobs, sighting rods, or other equipment to aid in establishing reference points and lines.
- Erects scaffolding, shoring, or braces.