Services automobiles, buses, trucks, boats, and other automotive or marine vehicles with fuel, lubricants, and accessories. Collects payment for services and supplies. May lubricate vehicle, change motor oil, install antifreeze, or replace lights or other accessories, such as windshield wiper blades or fan belts. May repair or replace tires.
This career is part of the Marketing cluster Merchandising pathway.
A person in this career:
- Collects cash payments from customers and makes change or charges purchases to customers' credit cards and provides customers with receipts.
- Checks tire pressure and levels of fuel, motor oil, transmission, radiator, battery, or other fluids, adding air or fluids as required.
- Performs minor repairs, such as adjusting brakes, replacing spark plugs, or changing engine oil or filters.
- Cleans parking areas, offices, restrooms, or equipment and removes trash.
- Orders stock and prices and shelves incoming goods.
- Sells and installs accessories, such as batteries, windshield wiper blades, fan belts, bulbs, or headlamps.
- Greases and lubricates vehicles or specified units, such as springs, universal joints, or steering knuckles, using grease guns or spray lubricants.
- Rotates, tests, and repairs or replaces tires.
- Prepares daily reports of fuel, oil, and accessory sales.
- Cleans windshields.