Develops quantitative financial products used to inform individuals or financial institutions engaged in saving, lending, investing, borrowing, or managing risk. Investigates methods for financial analysis to create mathematical models used to develop improved analytical tools or advanced financial investment instruments.
This career is part of the Business, Management and Administration cluster Business Finance and Accounting pathway.
A person in this career:
- Prepares requirements documentation for use by software developers.
- Provides application or analytical support to researchers or traders on issues such as valuations or data.
- Identifies, tracks, or maintains metrics for trading system operations.
- Collaborates in the development or testing of new analytical software to ensure compliance with user requirements, specifications, or scope.
- Researches new financial products or analytics to determine their usefulness.
- Maintains or modifies all financial analytic models in use.
- Produces written summary reports of financial research results.
- Interprets results of financial analysis procedures.
- Develops core analytical capabilities or model libraries, using advanced statistical, quantitative, or econometric techniques.
- Defines or recommends model specifications or data collection methods.