Performs routine clerical and administrative functions such as drafting correspondence, scheduling appointments, organizing and maintaining paper and electronic files, or providing information to callers.
This career is part of the Business Management and Administration cluster Administrative Support pathway.
A person in this career:
- Uses computers for various applications, such as database management or word processing.
- Answers telephones and gives information to callers, takes messages, or transfers calls to appropriate individuals.
- Creates, maintains, and enters information into databases.
- Sets up and manages paper or electronic filing systems, recording information, updating paperwork, or maintaining documents, such as attendance records, correspondence, or other material.
- Operates office equipment, such as fax machines, copiers, or phone systems and arranges for repairs when equipment malfunctions.
- Greets visitors or callers and handles their inquiries or directs them to the appropriate persons according to their needs.
- Maintains scheduling and event calendars.
- Completes forms in accordance with company procedures.
- Schedules and confirms appointments for clients, customers, or supervisors.
- Makes copies of correspondence or other printed material.
Dig into the details and check
out what people in this job
have to say about their work.