Manages operations at hydroelectric power generation facilities. Maintains and monitors hydroelectric plant equipment for efficient and safe plant operations.
This career is part of the Business, Management and Administration cluster Operations Management pathway.
A person in this career:
- Directs operations, maintenance, or repair of hydroelectric power facilities.
- Identifies and communicates power system emergencies.
- Maintains records of hydroelectric facility operations, maintenance, or repairs.
- Performs or directs preventive or corrective containment or cleanup to protect the environment.
- Monitors or inspects hydroelectric equipment, such as hydro-turbines, generators, or control systems.
- Inspects hydroelectric facilities, including switchyards, control houses, or relay houses, for normal operation or adherence to safety standards.
- Supervises or monitors hydroelectric facility operations to ensure that generation or mechanical equipment conform to applicable regulations or standards.
- Plans or coordinates hydroelectric production operations to meet customer requirements.
- Checks hydroelectric operations for compliance with prescribed operating limits, such as loads, voltages, temperatures, lines, or equipment.
- Develops or implements projects to improve efficiency, economy, or effectiveness of hydroelectric plant operations.