Parks vehicles or issues tickets for customers in a parking lot or garage. May collect fee.
This career is part of the Marketing cluster Merchandising pathway.
A person in this career:
- Takes numbered tags from customers, locates vehicles, and delivers vehicles, or provides customers with instructions for locating vehicles.
- Inspects vehicles to detect any damage.
- Greets customers and opens their car doors.
- Issues ticket stubs or places numbered tags on windshields, logs tags or attaches tag to customers' keys, and gives customers matching tags for locating parked vehicles.
- Performs cash handling tasks, such as making change, balancing and recording cash drawer, or distributing tips.
- Explains and calculates parking charges, collects fees from customers, and responds to customer complaints.
- Parks and retrieves automobiles for customers in parking lots, storage garages, or new car lots.
- Provides customer assistance and information, such as giving directions or handling wheelchairs.
- Keeps parking areas clean and orderly to ensure that space usage is maximized.
- Calls emergency responders or the proper authorities and provides motorist assistance, such as giving directions or helping jump start a stalled vehicle.