Buys and sells securities and commodities to transfer debt, capital, or risk. Establishes and negotiates unit prices and terms of sale.
This career is part of the Business, Management and Administration cluster Business Finance and Accounting pathway.
A person in this career:
- Makes bids or offers to buy or sell securities.
- Monitors markets or positions.
- Agrees on buying or selling prices at optimal levels for clients.
- Buys or sells stocks, bonds, commodity futures, foreign currencies, or other securities on behalf of investment dealers.
- Reports all positions or trading results.
- Identifies opportunities or develops channels for purchase or sale of securities or commodities.
- Devises trading, option, or hedge strategies.
- Tracks and analyzes factors that affect price movement, such as trade policies, weather conditions, political developments, or supply and demand changes.
- Informs other traders, managers, or customers of market conditions, including volume, price, competition, or dynamics.
- Receives sales order tickets and inspects forms to determine accuracy of information.