Directs an organization's security functions, including physical security and safety of employees, facilities, and assets.
This career is part of the Business, Management and Administration cluster Management pathway.
A person in this career:
- Creates or implements security standards, policies, and procedures.
- Identifies, investigates, or resolves security breaches.
- Responds to medical emergencies, bomb threats, fire alarms, or intrusion alarms, following emergency response procedures.
- Monitors and ensures a sound, ethical environment.
- Plans, directs, or coordinates security activities to safeguard company assets, employees, guests, or others on company property.
- Develops, implements, manages, or evaluates policies and methods to protect personnel against harassment, threats, or violence.
- Develops, conducts, supports, or assists in governmental reviews, internal corporate evaluations, or assessments of the overall effectiveness of facility and personnel security processes.
- Communicates security status, updates, and actual or potential problems, using established protocols.
- Assesses risks to mitigate potential consequences of incidents and develops a plan to respond to incidents.
- Trains subordinate security professionals or other organization members in security rules and procedures.