Examines, evaluates, and investigates eligibility for, conformity with, or liability under licenses or permits.
This career is part of the Government and Public Administration cluster Public Management and Administration pathway.
A person in this career:
- Warns violators of infractions or penalties.
- Evaluates applications, records, or documents to gather information about eligibility or liability issues.
- Advises licensees or other individuals or groups concerning licensing, permit, or passport regulations.
- Prepares reports of activities, evaluations, recommendations, or decisions.
- Reports law or regulation violations to appropriate boards or agencies.
- Confers with or interview officials, technical or professional specialists, or applicants to obtain information or to clarify facts relevant to licensing decisions.
- Issues licenses to individuals meeting standards.
- Collects fees for licenses.
- Administers oral, written, road, or flight tests to license applicants.
- Visits establishments to verify that valid licenses or permits are displayed and that licensing standards are being upheld.