Produces financial and market intelligence by querying data repositories and generating periodic reports. Devises methods for identifying data patterns and trends in available information sources.
This career is part of the Business, Management and Administration cluster Business Finance and Accounting pathway.
A person in this career:
- Analyzes competitive market strategies through analysis of related product, market, or share trends.
- Synthesizes current business intelligence or trends data to support recommendations for action.
- Communicates with customers, competitors, suppliers, professional organizations, or others to stay abreast of industry or business trends.
- Manages timely flow of business intelligence information to users.
- Identifies and analyzes industry or geographic trends with business strategy implications.
- Collects business intelligence data from available industry reports, public information, field reports, or purchased sources.
- Analyzes technology trends to identify markets for future product development or to improve sales of existing products.
- Generates standard or custom reports summarizing business, financial, or economic data for review by executives, managers, clients, and other stakeholders.
- Identifies or monitors current and potential customers, using business intelligence tools.
- Maintains or updates business intelligence tools, databases, dashboards, systems, or methods.