Buys or sells energy products on the behalf of residential or commercial customers or utilities. Negotiates and oversees contracts for energy sales.
This career is part of the Business Management and Administration cluster Business Finance and Accounting pathway.
A person in this career:
- Prices energy based on market conditions.
- Negotiates prices or contracts for energy sales or purchases.
- Forecasts energy supply and demand to minimize costs and maximize availability.
- Contacts prospective buyers or sellers of power to arrange transactions.
- Monitors the flow of energy in response to changes in consumer demand.
- Answers customer questions related to energy sales procedures, energy markets, or alternative energy sources.
- Develops or delivers proposals or presentations on topics such as the purchase or sale of energy.
- Facilitates the delivery or receipt of wholesale power or retail load scheduling.
- Purchases or sells energy or energy derivatives for customers.
- Creates product packages based on assessment of customers' needs.